Southern by Grace

This is a place for the civil discussion of all things, but primarily those of a religious or political nature. I am a Southerner and a Christian; it is my hope that I can take some of the stigma off both of those terms.

Thursday, December 21, 2006

Merry Christmas

and Happy Hanukkah! The very existence of Hanukkah makes the whole "Happy Holidays vs. Merry Christmas" argument moot to me. Are we supposed to ignore Jews? I realize that Christmas is the predominantly celebrated holiday in late December, but it's not the only one. And I am about 99% sure that the miracle of the lampstand in the temple predates the birth of Christ. So, while I celebrate the birth of my savior, I've got no problem acknowleding my Jewish fellow-citizens. And if I may be so bold, please allow me to appologize for all the over-zealous, under-educated Christians out there throwing a hissy fit.

2 Comments:

Blogger KQ said...

BUT WAL-MRAT DECLARE WAR ON X-MAS EEEEEYA!

1:23 PM  
Blogger LawDog84 said...

You're weird.

1:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home