Southern by Grace

This is a place for the civil discussion of all things, but primarily those of a religious or political nature. I am a Southerner and a Christian; it is my hope that I can take some of the stigma off both of those terms.

Thursday, September 29, 2005

Classic.

I don't have too much to say about this, except this is one of the coolest things I have ever seen. The only objection I have is that the woman playing Leia is not really up to 1977 Carrie Fisher standards, but really, it's all about Chewie. The great Wookie warrior is one of the coolest movie characters ever, and seeing him throw out the first pitch at a baseball game is doubly cool. Even better, he looks to be HURLING that ball - that's not one of those wimpy-old-woman throws some celebs make 15 feet from the plate. No, he's got those big Wookie paws up on the rubber and he is stepping into that throw. And one more thing I just noticed - he's at FENWAY PARK! Now, I have no love for the politicians up there, and truth be told, I don't really like baseball, but Fenway is one of those legendary sporting grounds that has a coolness all its own. As Napoleon Dynamite would say, "SWEET!"

4 Comments:

Blogger KQ said...

You get weird comments, T.

12:11 PM  
Blogger LawDog84 said...

Indeed I do. Damn spammers. Anyway, how come you don't get them?

1:33 PM  
Blogger KQ said...

Ah so- I delete them when I do get them.

3:43 PM  
Blogger LawDog84 said...

I delete them too, but sometimes they get in and stay a while before I check them out. Do you have some sort of gatekeeping function?

2:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home